The Mann on Main
The project consists of a 90,000-square-foot office building at the corner of 4th and Main Streets, Mann Lofts, a 30,000-square-foot multifamily residential component, the ground floor retail of both buildings, and a four-level parking garage at the corner of Louisiana and 4th Streets.
The project occupies what was once the original seven-story Blass Department Store, built in 1906, its annex building, and a surface lot that was once the location of the offices of the former Union National Bank. The main building, designed by architect George Mann, is one of Little Rock’s most architecturally significant buildings and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The State of Arkansas is the exclusive office tenant and user, The Mann Building houses such state agencies as the Office of Child Support Enforcement, the Arkansas Crime Information Center, and the Arkansas State Board of Pharmacy. The ground floor is occupied by Samantha's Tap Room.
The Mann Lofts are 19 fully occupied residential units located on the second and third floors of Mann Lofts, formerly the Annex.
In addition to the office and residential components, the buildings will serve as home to the reestablished Bruno's Little Italy in the Mann Lofts ground floor space, complete with outdoor patio.
The project was funded through New Market Tax Credits awarded by the Heartland Renaissance Fund of Little Rock and a construction loan from Iberia Bank. AMR Architects were the architects. Clark Construction was general contractor of the Mann Building and the parking garage, and Central Construction Group was general contractor for Mann Lofts. The Mann on Main was a joint venture project, and its equity partners include The Lasiter Group, Newmark Moses Tucker Partners, Inc., and Doyle Rogers Company.
The project is the recipient of the Historic Preservation Alliance of Arkansas 2013 Excellence in Preservation through Rehabilitation Award Winner.